National Reference Laboratory for Pertussis and Diphtheria
30. September 2015 | Mgr. Jana Zavadilová
The laboratory is accredited to ČSN EN ISO 15189 as a public health laboratory by the Czech Accreditation Institute.
Head: Jana Zavadilová, M.Sc.
- verifies the identification of strains of B. pertussis, B. parapertussis, and Corynebacterium referred to the NRL by microbiology laboratories;
- screens C. diphtheriae and C. ulcerans strains for toxigenicity;
- keeps records and maintains the collection of strains of B. pertussis, B. parapertussis, and Corynebacterium for further analysis;
- performs RT PCR detection of B. pertussis and B. parapertussis from clinical specimens;
- screens patient sera for antibodies against B. pertussis, B. parapertussis, and diphtheria antitoxin antibodies;
- collects specimens for culture and PCR (Recommended procedures);
- provides expert opinions and reviews;
- provides consulting;
- provides methodological guidance to microbiology laboratories in the Czech Republic;
- tests the performance of commercially available diagnostic products;
- conducts the surveillance of diphtheria and whooping cough in cooperation with the NIPH Department of Infectious Diseases Epidemiology (Surveillance);
- has been involved in both national and international projects (Projects and International cooperation)
- cooperates with the National Reference Centre for Whooping Cough and Other Bordetelloses of the Institut Pasteur (International cooperation);
- participates in the international external quality assessment schemes for the laboratory diagnosis of diphtheria and whooping cough.
Updated on 30 September 2015