National Reference Laboratory for Vector Control
9. December 2016 | RNDr. František Rettich, CSc.
The NRL is accredited to ČSN EN ISO/IEC 17025 as a test laboratory by the Czech Accreditation Institute.
- has been involved in policy and legislative problem solving in the area of public health protection/vector control;
- tests novel vector control products for safety and biological activity as part of the authorization procedure pursuant to Act No. 120/2002 on conditions for placing biocidal products and active substances on the market in the Czech Republic, searches for novel products, and tests vector control products on customer request;
- participates in contracts with both Czech and foreign producers of vector control products and thus has been involved in the development of novel vector control products and carries out biological activity testing as part of in-process control for Czech producers;
- participates in large-scale vector control measures as required by the Chief Public Health Officer of the Czech Republic and Public Health Agency;
- monitors vector control products used in practice for the quality, moral and technical ageing, emergence of resistance, etc. and submits the results to the Chief Public Health Officer of the Czech Republic and Public Health Agency;
- surveys some vectors (incl. introduction of invasive mosquitoes)
- engages in cooperation with research and expert teams involved in vector control and in implementation of their results in public health practice;
- does its best to keep up with the state of the art in public health protection and vector control;
- submits reports on relevant results to both international and Czech professional journals and presents these results at both international and Czech conferences and workshops;
- participates in the activities of the Association of Vector Control Professionals of the Czech Republic;
- participates in the professional proficiency testing of the executive vector control professionals pursuant to Act No. 258/2000 on public health protection;
- organizes international and Czech conferences and workshops on vector control that are part of the lifelong education system for public health protection professionals;
- participates in editorial activities for the Czech journal „Desinfekce, dezinsekce, deratizace" (Disinfection and Vector Control);